Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Still Busy

Today (Tuesday) went well, I think.
The English class is starting slowly. It always takes time for people (even my US students) to accept--forget embrace--my bad sense of humor and peculiar personality. But overall I think we're getting a reasonable start on things.

Both the testimony at noon and the discussion group at 4 PM were good, too. Please pray for more students to come, and for Sandy and me to continue to find just the right words. The nice part for us is that I think we strike a good balance together. I'm tentative about pushing too hard on their relational sensibilities, but she can pull off a little bit more digging than I can. I set up the intellectual/spiritual question/issue; she pushes a little harder to get them to weigh in on it.

We're going to have a portion of my class over every Wednesday night--for refreshments and socializing. None of my students came to either the noon or 4 PM gathering, so we'll be encouraging them to do so.

No comments: