Monday, July 21, 2008

Planting Seeds?

I've tried mightily to spark a discussion on some pretty serious topics. Today, we wrote on what the virtuous life looks like and whether/how they would try to live thusly. I just didn't get much response, though, as I've said, they apparently are really processing things when they sit there looking blank (in the very kind of way that makes you nervous with American students).

I did end up having a lengthy conversation with one student about whether we should/can allow each to have his own rules (basically). She even said to me, I need to think this all over, and then I can saywhat I think.

It seemed like a fruitful conversation...and we (Sandy and I both) will follow up.

And only 2 more of these Questions of Life groups--Tuesday and Thursday.

No comments: